I adored that it was so so interesting and I loved the fact that I could costumize my own character and pick the pronouns
R. I. P. Tour
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Hey, you know that abandoned amusement park on the edge of town? The one that's been closed since all those students from our university got killed 20 years ago on this very day? Well, hop in the car, because it's reopening!
With his colorful cast of cartoon animals, Buck Hartley was once a prominent and beloved animator. When he built an amusement park in the summer of 1999, it seemed like a promising newcomer to the industry. However it was shut down that very fall, after 10 missing college students were found dead in a back room of the Horror House dark ride. Along with them was the body of Hartley himself, with a hand-drawn manifesto in his signature comic style. Case closed... right?
Now the park is under new management, and they're looking to renovate and reopen the place. 20 years after the original murders, the Hartley Haven Horror House for a one-night Halloween celebration. Rumor has it that if your entire group is in costume, you'll be taken backstage for the secret tour...
- Original soundtrack
- Customizable character including name, pronouns, body type, and one of up to four different favorite unicorns!
- Accessibility features: Dyslexic font, auto-reading
- Stars a cast of thirteen 18-to-20-somethings, three
gas-mask-wearing killers, and one cute little pooch... but not for long*!
- Multiple endings! Like, seriously a lot of endings! You die in most of them!
- Murder! Mayhem! Betrayal! Swearing! Terrible puns!
*Don't worry, the dog will be okay.
- SIX Demo available for downloadSep 07, 2022
- RIP Tour will be at SIX with a new demo!Aug 10, 2022
- Art progress: chapter one BGs done!Jun 03, 2022
- I'M BACKMay 23, 2022
- State of the UngulatesMar 07, 2021
- Side Story & Let's PlayNov 04, 2020
- Bug fix - Voice blips now functionalOct 31, 2020
- The demo is live!Oct 25, 2020
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Really interesting 'prisoner dillemma' game. First VN I've seen in the genre since 'Iranai Ko Game - Unnecessary Child'. I'll be keeping an eye on this one.
I liked the dialogues, they feel quite natural.
The art style really contrasts with the seriousness of the subject matter. I hope the final version has some gore to go with the descriptions of violence.
Hey, I appreciate the comment! I can also appreciate the desire for some gore. I'd originally meant to draw a bunch of CGs for the endings, but I ended up cutting back on a lot of the artwork that I'd originally intended. I probably cut back a little too much.
Also, 'Iranai Ko Game' looks pretty interesting. It's been a while since I played a game in Japanese, but I might just check it out.